Brisbane based Sun Mountain Zen Community is an intentional community of Zen practitioners guided by Mervyn Lander (GO
Flexi Sesshin January 2020 (7th – 10th January)
Home / Flexi Sesshin January 2020 (7th – 10th January)
Flexi Sesshin (January 7 – 10) 2021
Join us in person, or online at our annual Flexi Seshsin – a wonderful way to start the new year.
Sesshin (lit: to touch the heart-mind) is a period of intensive meditation practice and training. For this new year event participation is ‘Flexi’ – designed to enable integration with daily life. It also includes an annual guided visit to the Gallery of Modern Art.
This year, Flexi Sesshin will incorporate Zoom Sitting twice per day [9:25 – 12:00 a.m. (Including Teisho) and 6:25 – 8:30 p.m.] to allow greater participation. The Teisho will be recorded and made available via a link provided in a daily e-mail to all participants. The closing ceremony will be on Zoom also.
$300 for the full event or part-thereof (full-fee paying)
$150 for the full event or part-thereof (concession)
(Please self assess costs for partial attendance)
Please note, it is our policy that no one should miss the opportunity to practice and we invite participants to ‘pay as they can’ if cost is prohibitive. This option does not need to be requested for this event.
Bank account details are available on our website at the bottom of the registration form: https://sunmountainzen.org.au/retreat-registration/
No cost for online participation but we are very thankful for donations which assist with maintainence of our online presence and ongoing Sangha costs.
If you have not already, please indicate if you plan to attend as soon as possible by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
– times / sessions you plan to attend
– whether in person or online
– whether you plan to stay over in zendo
– any dietary requirements or other requests
– your mobile phone contact and street address (for COVID register)
Meals are provided, but please note you will need to being your own toiletries, clothing and bedding.
Covid Safe Requirements
The event will accord with all Covid Safe Regulations and may move online if community transmission occurs in Queensland.
Please note following:
– Please stay at home if unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath or have had contact with confirmed COVID 19 Case or if in the last 14 days have been overseas or to a COVID 19 hotspot in Australia.
– Participants are responsible to maintain physical distancing
– Hygiene practices will be communicated to all participants and Zendo will be cleaned reguarly
– We anticipate numbers will be accommodated in the Zendo within Covid safe restrictions. In the unlikely event of over subscription we will need to co-ordinate numbers in Zendo to keep within restrictions).
We look forward to seeing you on the seventh (or evening of the sixth if stopping over) and please let us know if you have any questions.
“The Great Way has no gate; There are a thousand different roads. If you pass through this barrier once, You will walk independently in the universe.”.