Brisbane Based Sun Mountain Zen offers weekly meditation practice in East Brisbane and Kenilworth on the Sunshine Coast. We also provide comprehensive introductory lectures for beginners and monthly meditation retreats.
Sun Mountain Zen is an intentional Community of Zen practitioners guided by Authorised teachers Mervyn Lander Goun-Ken, Cecilie Lander Goen-An and Sue Wolter.
Our practice combines elements of both Rinzai and Soto Zen traditions and as such includes Zazen, Mindfulness and Koan Training.
Sun Mountain Zen is a not for profit organisation whose aim is to provide authentic Zen training to all who are interested.
Zen meditation is a non-religious contemplative practice and everyone is welcome irrespective of whether they have a specific religious affiliation or none.
Please note that all events have been moved online until otherwise advised including our –
Sesshin / Online Meditation Retreat
Monday 24th August – Friday 28th August 2020
Everyone is welcome to join on Zoom as you can.
Please see for further information:
- Link to Sesshin Invitation
- Link to 2020 Sesshin Schedule
- Link to Virtual Sesshin Sutra / Chant Sheet
- Link to Continuous Practice: Sesshin
- Monday night sitting on Zoom 7-8:30 p.m. please email firstname.lastname@example.org… or find links in our recent newsletter (you can also subscribe for the newsletter by clicking the link you will see in the top left hand corner of the newsletter)
- Monthly Saturday Zenkai (first Saturday of each month 9-11 a.m.) please email us also and/or follow the above link to the newsletter.
Resources during this period to support your participation in online events and daily practice:
SMZ Chant Sheet (Monday Evening and Saturday Zenkai)
We hope everyone is safe and well at this time and invite existing and new friends to join us online.