Brisbane based Sun Mountain Zen offers weekly meditation practice in East Brisbane and Kenilworth on the Sunshine Coast. We also provide comprehensive introductory lectures for beginners and monthly meditation retreats.
Sun Mountain Zen is an intentional Community of Zen practitioners guided by authorised teachers Mervyn Lander Goun-Ken, Cecilie Lander Goen-An, Sue Wolter, Richard Herps & Richard Warner.
Our practice combines elements of both Rinzai and Soto Zen traditions and as such includes Zazen and Koan Practice.
Sun Mountain Zen is a not for profit organisation whose aim is to provide authentic Zen training to all who are interested.
Zen meditation is a non-religious contemplative practice and everyone is welcome irrespective of whether they have a specific religious affiliation or none.
- For regular updates subscribe to our email by clicking this link and signing up: SMZ Mailing List
- Monday night sitting and Dharma talk is from 7-8:30 p.m. online – please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to join us for the Zoom link and plan to arrive 5 minutes early (noting the final Monday night for 2023 will be 18th of December resuming 8th January 2024).
- Wednesday night in-person sitting occurs at St Paul’s East Brisbane 554 Vulture St 6:45 -8:00 pm and resumes in 2024 from 10 January.
- Thursday night in person and online sitting occurs at St John Bosco Church Kenilworth 5.30 -7.30 p.m. (For zoom please use the same link for all events – or contact us for link)
- Monthly Saturday Zenkai (first Saturday of each month). For zoom please use the same link for all events – or contact us for link.
Resources to support your participation in online events and daily practice:
SMZ Chant Sheet (For short sittings)
We invite existing and new friends to join us – basic instruction in meditation and introduction to Zen is free and available upon request.